Friday, November 4, 2011

Welcome to the Good Life

Ever since I was a little girl I have thought of myself as being unique. Growing up in a small town and being a “small town girl,” I have always been one to stand out from the crowd. I believe that my toughest tribulation in life was the lack of confidence that I had in myself during my early teen years. Although I have always been an Honors Student, I never believed in myself, and never came to the realization that I had the ability to accomplish anything. I always just assumed that I was different.

This was by far the best experience I have ever had because yes, I realized that I would never fit in; but only because I was born to stand out. This is the experience that shaped me into the person that I am today, and this I believe is what transformed me from a young girl, to an aspiring woman. The day that I became knowledgeable that no obstacle was too powerful for me to overcome, and proved to me that even on my weakest days; I get a little bit stronger. That I am everything that I never thought I could be and so much more.

I like to think of this experience as a gift, because from this I have developed a heart of gold. I have learned to see the best in every situation that life throws my way and most importantly I have sought the best in everyone. I became one of the most confident women that you will ever meet. The one who gives speeches; and volunteers to go first. To becoming a member of the Student Government Association, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Honors College, becoming a writing tutor at our college campus, and fueling other fellow student's drive to become successful as well . From chasing boys, to chasing nothing but my dreams; and being the girl who “always has” and always will dress up every day. I believe that knowledge is everything, confidence is key, and that motivation and drive is what leads to success. The reason why when people tell me I can’t or that it will never happen, I turn around and say “watch me.”
XO- Bonnie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment